9.6.11

my favorites: eyeliners!

So, when brainstorming different post ideas, I decided to do some on my favorite makeup products. I obviously have not tried everything under the sun, but I'll be talking about what I have tried and what I've learned to love!

Today I wanted to talk about EYELINER! Eyeliner is probably my favorite part of makeup...it adds so much definition and pop to your eyes when applied correctly! The trick I tell customers is to apply a thin layer from corner to corner on the top lash line...this really opens up the eye and makes it look bigger! Always start with a thin line...it's much easier to add more than to take everything off and start over! I like to thicken the line up a bit towards the outer corner of my eye, it adds a cool shape and definition. When lining the lower lid, I go corner to corner, through the lash line and sometimes on the inner rim of the lid...it all depends on how dramatic or defined you want your eye to be!

Now for my favorite products! As far as regular pencils go, I really enjoy Clinique's Quickliner for Eyes. These are nice because you don't have to sharpen them...just twist up for more product! The benefit to non-sharpening pencils is you save product...when sharpening, you shave off more product then you end up using! Quickliners are really simple to use, and very soft...just lightly press and let the pencil do the work for you! They also come with a smudger on the other end, which can help for a smokier look. The colors I use the most are Black/Brown, Dark Chocolate, Violet and Slate.


If you prefer regular pencils, I enjoy Clinique's Cream Shaper for Eyes. This pencil is so soft and easy to use, and all of the colors have a bit of a shimmer to it! My favorite colors are Black Diamond and Starry Plum.

If you're looking for brighter, fun colored liners, I would definitely go with Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil. I just got three of these a couple weeks ago, but I already love them! They're very soft and easy to use, and the pigment is so bright! Mine have a bit of sparkle to them as well, which is nice when you're using just liner and no shadows. The colors I got are Crash, 1999, and Bourbon, but I really like Covet, Rockstar and Baked as well!!


My personal favorite type of liner is liquid liners...as long as I can find one that is easy to use and doesn't dry out too quickly. The best one by far that I've found is Lancome's Artliner. These are so easy to use, have a precision point sponge applicator, and don't dry out when you're trying to apply! They come in awesome colors...I own Noir, Smoke and Aubergine. I also picked up one from their summer collection, the Artliner Waterproof in Beach Gem. The waterproof is a bit tricky to get off sometimes, but the color looks really cool on.


There are so many different types of liners, and I admittedly have spent my fair share of money on different types, trying to find my favorites! These are the ones I use the most, and hopefully you'll all love them just as much as me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment